[bt-devel] Windows SVN Build

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 11:58:10 MST 2009

Hot on the heels of my earlier e-mail: here's the current Windows
build of the latest SVN tree.  I've lost track of if we're at the Beta
or Alpha stage still.  Probably still should be labeled an Alpha for
the Windows build, regardless of where the code is for other builds.
You can grab it at

http://www.crosswire.org/~ghellings/WinInstaller.msi

I didn't update the .png files from the newer .svg files.  I should
really write a Python script to do that, but keep forgetting.  Anyway,
as always, give me a hollar if it doesn't work out or there is
something the matter with the build and build process.

I hope to get a chance to update the build documents on the Wiki page,
since they're now out of date with the changes to the build process
and so on, since that time.  At some point I also would like to figure
out how to get the icon directly into the .exe file, so Windows shows
the executable itself as portraying the BibleTime icon instead of the
default .exe file.  Anyone know if that's just an option in Visual
Studio or would it require more?

--Greg