[bt-devel] Bible Time Development - Search Dialog

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 22 13:36:50 MST 2008

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> I have found how to change the QCompleter(used by QComboBox)
> to have a filtered popup list like the KDE version. It is a one line
> change to enable the mode.
>
> I have implemented the change for the filtered popup and removing
> the empty line. I will test a little further before check in.
>
> The order of the history list and filtered history list will be such
> that the most recently used term is added or moved to the top of
> the list. This is different from the KDE version where the filtered
> list was ordered by the frequency of past use of each search term.
>
> It is not clear to me that the frequency of use model is better than
> the most recently used ordering. The frequency of use model could
> be implemented by subclassing QCompleter. What do you think?

Thanks for the work!

I didn't even remember that the kde combobox would use frequency
ordering and I think the time history is better. Only the visible list
for completion was a "nice to have" feature because it's easier to use,
at least for me. Even that could have been sacrificed if it had been
more difficult to implement.

--Eeli