[bt-devel] Bible Time Development - Search Dialog

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:40:14 MST 2008

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Quoting Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>:
>

>> I have checked in the changes for the search dialog. I will work on
>> the config dialog next unless someone else is working on it.
>>
> Thanks for your first contributions!
>
> The config dialog is all yours. If you start working on the font
> chooser I suggest you consider my thoughts on it:
> http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/BibleTime1Refactoring#Ideas_from_Eeli.2C_explanation_needed
>
> We just need something which works so you are free to keep the current
> functionality and layout (or modify them slightly), but it would be
> great if we could make it better. The current implementation is not
> very good for our purposes because it may show something completely
> different than the real text. You can't tell how the Hebrew font works
> for Hebrew if you can see only "...brown fox..." in the preview.
> Additionally, IIRC the preview doesn't use the html view and the html
> engine may actually use different font.
>
> --Eeli Kaikkonen

I finished changing the config dialog to use BtConfigDialog instead of
KPageDialog. I am starting to work on the font chooser. I think it would
be best to do it in 2 steps.

First, write a replacement for KFontChooser using QWebView for the text
preview area. I have already started and it does not look hard.

Second, consider and make the enhancements desired for the font chooser.

One question I have on the enhancements is what text to use. Perhaps it
could be a verse that is entered using the tr() function so it can
easily be translated for each language. I would have to set the
translation language for the specific phrase in the program. Will this
method work right for Hebrew and Greek text? I will have to study this
some to know if it can be made to work.

Gary