[bt-devel] The next and upcoming releases

Sat May 31 00:33:54 MST 2008

On Friday 30 May 2008 12:17:16 pm Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> That would be great! I could not concentrate on coding because of my new
> job (which will start next Monday) so the release with which we will
> announce the string freeze have been delayed a bit. I think now is the
> best time to get the strings right. I hope Martin agrees. Some
> translators may have begun their work but it's still better to have good
> original English and pay the price in some extra work. Now is the time
> for comments if someone has something to say about this.

Should I sign up for bt-translators then and make comments there to keep the
signal to noise ratio good on this list? I'm not sure exactly how much I can
devote to this on a regular basis but I wouldn't mind proofing strings since
I'm an English native speaker (American dialect except for a few British ou
spellings I picked up here and there from Canadian on-line associates) on a
regular basis as needed. I somewhat speak a handfull of other languages (I
can read some french if I've got a context as to what's being talked about,
and I had a year of German at Uni though sadly not much of it stuck, and two
years of Spanish in highschool that I barely remember) but I have a good head
for translating and may be able to suggest things that will translate better.

> I don't know if you are already familiar with the code and strings
> inside it. Probably the easiest way to find translatable strings is to
> grep for tr(".

Ok, I might could work up a sed or perl script or something to print them out
at some point, if we want me to do this regularly.