[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1668060 ] display templates: probs with centered vertical verse align

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 20 09:16:12 MST 2008

Bugs item #1668060, was opened at 2007-02-24 22:57
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1668060&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bible display window
Group: in progress

Initial Comment:
In the parallel view of multiple bibles, jumping to a verse via the key chooser or by clicking a verse number will scroll to the corresponding HTML anchor. However, this anchor refers to the start of the paragraph of the leftmost bible column, but the text in other bible columns might start earlier as it might be longer for this verse and the current verse is vertically centered in some display templates. Which means that one has to scrll somewhat up manually to see all verse text in all translations.

This problem is found in the display templates Crazy, Green and Standard, but not in Simple and High Contrast which use top vertical alignment of tables verses.

I would suggest to use top vertical aligment of the current verse in all display templates. The non-current verses might be vertically centered if desired by design;  in the Standard display template it is the other way round now.

I'm using BT 1.6.3b .. which is the best BT since its start :)