[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1509044 ] Endless loop in personal commentary with unsaved changes

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat May 17 02:19:26 MST 2008

Bugs item #1509044, was opened at 2006-06-20 05:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1509044&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Commentary display window
Group: new bug

Initial Comment:

This bug is forked from Issue # 1255685 because it was
found to be a separate issue.  For more history on the
bug, see that one.

Steps that will *not* reproduce bug:
1. Open a bible and the personal commentary (PC), and
synchronize them.  (A button on the PC window)
2. Edit verse in PC
3. Click 'Save' in PC
4. Navigate to different verse in PC
5. Navigate back and see that verse has correctly been
saved.

Steps that *will* reproduce bug:
1. Open a bible and the personal commentary (PC), and
synchronize them.  (A button on the PC window)
2. Edit verse in PC
3. WITHOUT SAVING, Navigate to different verse in PC by
using a button like 'Previous Verse' or 'Previous Chapter'
4. You will get a pop-up that asks if you want to save
your changes.  After you click 'Yes,' BibleTime will
endlessly change the verse to 'Previous/Next
Verse/Chapter/Book'.  AFAIK the only way to stop it is
to kill BibleTime.
5. On your next session of BibleTime, you will find
that your changes weren't saved in the correct place,
but rather were saved in whatever 'Previous/Next
Verse/Chapter/Book' happened to be.

-Gabriel