[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1458557 ] switching between verses takes long esp. wi Unicode mods

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat May 17 02:03:51 MST 2008

Bugs item #1458557, was opened at 2006-03-26 01:13
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1458557&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bible display window
Group: new bug

Initial Comment:
I have BT 1.5.3 on KDE 3.5.1 from Debian unstable.

Here I talk about using the arrow buttons from the
bible diaply window to switch to the next / previous
verse.

The time to do this improved in from BT 1.5.1 to
1.5.3 I think. It is usable meanwhile if you have
only ISO 8859-1 modules in your display window. I had
four bibles in parallel with a ~40 verse chapter and
it took approx 1 sec which is acceptable.

However exchanging one of these four by a Greek
module using the Gentium font made the "verse change
time" increase to 2 secs. That's too long to use it
for setting a temporary bookmark while reading.

Perhaps the "verse change time" can be improved if
you use JavaScript to do the highlighting of the
current verse rather than rendering the same content
anew? But I don't know if khtml supports JavaScript
in your setting.