[bt-devel] clucene crash

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Dec 26 13:59:21 MST 2008

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Thomas Crawford wrote:
>
>> Here are some results, not totally exhaustive but a start:
>>

>>> - Try searching morphology (KJV, some Greek modules).
>>>

>> In the KJV all these worked fine, except if you entered heading: <blank> or
>> morph: <blank> footnote:<blank>  then the whole program crashed.  You had to
>> enter something after the ":" or bibletime crashed.
>>

> Thank you very much! Crashes are always a bad thing and it's very good
> to catch them early. The other results looked positive and give us
> confidence.

CLucene doesn't give me much confidence. The bug seems to be more
serious than this. If I enter any non-word character alone without other
characters, clucene crashes. "And/or" searches remove some characters
first so they don't crash so often.

I don't find a way to hack around this. We can't just remove nonword
characters. Martin, do you have any suggestions?

--Eeli Kaikkonen