[bt-devel] Next beta? (Re: compiling 1.7 on Kubuntu 8.10)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Dec 15 09:59:02 MST 2008

Thomas Crawford wrote:
> Here are some results, not totally exhaustive but a start:
>

>> - Try searching morphology (KJV, some Greek modules).
>>

> In the KJV all these worked fine, except if you entered heading: <blank> or
> morph: <blank> footnote:<blank>  then the whole program crashed.  You had to
> enter something after the ":" or bibletime crashed.

Thank you very much! Crashes are always a bad thing and it's very good
to catch them early. The other results looked positive and give us
confidence.

The other larger part of the program which needs testing is the
Bookshelf Manager. There are too many things to list right away but some
of the main points are:

- adding/removing sources
- selecting modules, doing something else, going back to selection...
- trying to do different things with BibleTime while installation is
going on
- doing things before and after installing and removing - do everything
work as expected? Is everything updated?
- changing the target paths
- canceling ongoing installation

Especially important is to test installing several modules
simultaneously. It has caused some crashes and I would like to catch it,
preferably with debugging information.

If someone testes remote sources it should be remembered that it creates
load to the server. It would be nice to run a local ftp server for
testing purposes but I haven't done that.

--Eeli Kaikkonen