[bt-devel] the beta release; my problems with distros and compiling

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 14:10:15 MST 2008

Eeli,

Here in Ubuntu 64-bit, we're still working with the tastefully named
libsword6 and libsword6-dev (which is version 1.5.9 build 8... if you
can find the 6 in there, let me know).  I don't know what version the
current Bibletime beta expects, but I would imagine it's at least
1.5.11, and possibly the current SVN.  That's as likely to be a
problem with the building as the Qt versions.

Also, the current version of libqt4 on the standard Ubuntu is 4.3.4.
If BT really does rely on Qt 4.4, and the Qt versions are in sync
between Ubuntu and Kubuntu, then your problem could just as easily lie
in that realm.  It's been forever since I did anything with SuSe, so I
can't even begin to talk about that.

It might be something for the package maintainers to think about.  I
don't know what 8.10 is planning to contain as far as Qt versions, but
I sure hope that it has a better outlook on the libsword versions.

--Greg