[bt-devel] the beta release; my problems with distros and compiling

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Aug 27 13:12:08 MST 2008

Thanks, Martin, for making the decision of releasing the beta. I feel
more relaxed now because I don't have to rush with coding. Between some
difficulties and good moments of my personal life which have kept me
busy I have tried to set up the new computer.

I got Kubuntu installed but didn't get compiling working. cmake gave an
error with Qt: it seems to have been compiled with wrong switches. I
havent' found any help by googling and don't know if I just have
something wrong or if Kubuntu (64-bit) really has broken packages. Also
clucene was problematic. I don't know why because it has worked with my
old computer and Kubuntu.

I tried also OpenSuSe but didn't find packages needed for development.
Does someone know if there are sword development headers and other
dependencies packaged? Is there any distro which would have all the
packages that I could just install them and continue with coding? I
would rather install a new distro than try to get all libraries working
manually.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland