[bt-devel] What's happening now and next

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Aug 15 12:22:35 MST 2008

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Martin Gruner wrote:

> We should think about releasing a beta version before 28th of August, that is
> the deadline for the next Ubuntu version. Eeli, maybe you can check as well to
> see if there is anything serious left we should do before a beta release that
> can go in the different distributions. I think this is time well invested now.
> We should check if it compiles against latest SWORD 1.5.11 and SVN too. What
> do you say?

I agree. Last time we discussed about this my plan was to get
drag'n'drop ready for bookmarks before the first beta. But if others
feel it's not necessary for the first "public" packaged release there
should be nothing left to do.

> Btw, I'm thinking about getting a new PC soon too. My current plan is to get
> an Intel Q4550, an Antec P182 Tower, an Asus P5Q board and 3 Disks for Raid
> usage, like you (Eeli) did - congratulations btw. I have an older Athlon (K7
> 1800+) as well which becomes too slow. If anybody has other suggestions for
> me, please speak up soon. =)

As long you remember that the "hardware" raid will not work. You have to
use the Linux software raid.

I guess P5Q is a good choice, it was offered me when I asked for a
reasonable motherboard for Intel dualcore. But it was not in stock so I
bought a Gigabyte which costs much more. Don't know if it has any
real advantage, though it has many minor good features. And the tower is
Antec but Sonata. Graphics is an Nvidia based cheapie.

> Btw, I switched to KDE 4.1, some glitches left, but very slick UI. :D

Too many bugs for me, and the desktop doesn't look very good.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland