[bt-devel] Debian packages broken, too (was: Re: Ubuntu packages for 1.6.5?)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Apr 30 07:44:23 MST 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> The thing I haven't had time to look into is if 1.6.5 builds with
> sword 1.5.10 ok as I need to use only 1 sword dev lib for building
> both gnomesword and bibletime and attempt to keep them in sync (as
> well as catching up on the packaging). Could someone confirm that for
> me please?

I have used Sword packages for Kubuntu Gutsy from
http://dominique.corbex.net/gnomesword/. BT 1.7 series has been built
and worked happily with Sword 1.5.10. I don't remember if I have built
1.6.5 with it, but I guess it works. Our sword backend has not changed
that much between 1.6.5 and 1.7.

BTW, I wonder if you could join forces with Dominique Corbex.

> Does bibletime still use clucene on its own as well as sword using it?
> afair care needs to be taken to make sure linking doesn't get messed
> up.

BT uses clucene independently.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland