[bt-devel] BT1.6.5(?) and sword 1.5.10 features

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Thu Oct 25 13:11:00 MST 2007

Hi Eeli.

Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007 schrieb Eeli Kaikkonen:
> Martin, what was your plan for sword 1.5.10? Are we going to add new
> features of the library/modules? I think it would be reasonable but how
> much work it is? Do you or someone know what is new in sword and
> modules? I have no idea what has happened there. As we discussed in
> sword-devel it would be great to have some kind of developer news or
> changelog but now I can't know what are the new features which in
> sword-devel were said to be important to implement for end users.

Very good question. I don't know the new features in detail either. My vote
would be to focus on UI and porting work now.

> A related thing which I wrote about sometimes earlier IIRC: would it be
> possible to use newer modules which are "not supported" by the current
> sword library? LewisShort was one which can be used with older
> GnomeSword (and sword 1.5.9) but is abandoned by BT.

What do you mean by "abandoned"? BibleTime does honor
the "MinimumSwordVersion", but once you compile with 1.5.10, you should be
able to use modules which require that. Or did I not get your point?

mg