[bt-devel] Kubuntu Gutsy and KDE4 updgrade, problems

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sat Oct 20 05:14:36 MST 2007

Hi Eeli.

> First, I have something differently here than for example Martin. I
> still get the "can't find kde4-config" error, I just haven't reported it
> since I learned to edit the cmake variable by hand with ccmake.

I never used that. ;)
Problem was that kde4-config is in /usr/lib/kde4/bin, which is not in $PATH,
so that it is not found by default. I tweaked build.sh a little to expand the
path for you. It should work now, can you please try again?

> Second: now I also had an error with a qt program. "Qt4 qdbusxml2cpp was
> not found. Make sure it has been built and installed by Qt". This
> message comes from FindKDE4Internal.cmake which has just used
> "find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)". Because we don't use dbus right now I just
> commented out the fatal line in FindKDE4Internal and now it works. Of
> course this is not the right solution. I don't understand why the
> program is not found because it is in /usr/bin.

I don't know the cause either, but I included a fix in CMakeLists.txt to make
it work without modifying KDE's sources. Can you please try this as well.

> Third, compilation does not succeed. Probably just some Qt and
> KDE headers must be added - I'm working on it.

It seems that KConfig's and KConfigGroup's API changed. Can you please change
this to make it work again?

God bless,

Martin