[bt-devel] Alpha/beta release schedule

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 3 06:15:39 MST 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Martin Gruner wrote:
> > Major things to fix:
> > - Bookshelf manager should be working (install/uninstall)
> >   (No bug reports yet, it was too unfinished)
>
> Should be fully functional now. =)
> It now uses Sword's FTP transport code instead of our own, which had major
> problems.

OK... Now you have messed up our schedule completely :)

> I'd like to work on the installation stuff.
> Data migration (description is in the wiki) would be a nice point to take for
> you, Jeremy, and affects several parts of BibleTime.

Data migration may be quite large issue and someone has to start it. It
might be Jeremy as Well.

> > - Select the features and fixes which surely will go to the release
> > - Martin takes the installation, Jeremy takes the smaller bugs, I will
> >   continue with the Search Dialog
>
> Sounds good to me.

Actually it looks like this plan is not going to work very well. I may
get the Search range chooser working today, Bookshelf Manager is
working. Data migration and binary installation are important tasks
which I cannot say how long they will take, they should be started
immediately. On the other hand, I don't know if it's necessary to solve
it right no - we could as well fix more of those smaller bugs while we
wait for the data migration etc.

This would be easier if we knew how much time Jeremy can give us every
day. Are you going to work with BT only in your free days about which
you told?

Well, we are not in trouble here. We have general agreement on the path
and can set the details when issues arise. I will continue with enabling
the features and fixing bugs. We will surely find work for Jeremy even
later. If there are no bugs left we will start discussion about code
or feature refactoring.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland