[bt-devel] Alpha/beta release schedule

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Wed Oct 3 05:25:26 MST 2007

Hi there,

> Major things to fix:
> - Bookshelf manager should be working (install/uninstall)
>   (No bug reports yet, it was too unfinished)

Should be fully functional now. =)
It now uses Sword's FTP transport code instead of our own, which had major
problems.

> - Like Martin said, data paths and other installing issues should be
>   solved so that testers can work safely

I'd like to work on the installation stuff.
Data migration (description is in the wiki) would be a nice point to take for
you, Jeremy, and affects several parts of BibleTime.

> - Select the features and fixes which surely will go to the release
> - Martin takes the installation, Jeremy takes the smaller bugs, I will
>   continue with the Search Dialog

Sounds good to me.

> - Whoever finishes first can continue with Bookshelf Manager

Already done. =)

> About the future releases: maybe it would be good to call "alphas" all
> relaeses which lack some features or are not ready for distribution
> packaging.  After we have code which could be released as binary packages
> and have all the features we want in the final release we will make a
> beta release (or couple of them) which may still have some known bugs
> and deficiencies. After fixing the bugs (and possibly implementing some
> non-crucial small new features or refactoring) we can release either an
> RC or the final release.

Sounds good to me, Eeli.

mg