[bt-devel] A Few Layout Questions

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:56:29 MST 2007

Taking a quick glance across the Bibletime genres, I notice that on my
view of the Bookshelf, there is no tree indicator next to the highest
level of the tree roots (Bibles, Commentaries, Books, etc) to indicate
that those will expand to hold categories within them.  All of the
levels from there down are correct, but the highest level lacks that
flip-down arrow.  I don't know if that is by design or oversight or
bug.

Also, while most of the time opening a second (or third) window will
properly resize the other windows to allow shifting and full display
of all of them works properly, if I have at one time minimized a
window and then proceed to open a new one (e.g. I have the WLC text
open and open Pilgrim's Progress also, after I have minimized WLC and
then restored it), the new one completely covers the initial window.

The Bookshelf manager (in OS X, at least) does not display the icons
next to the selections down the left-hand side of the window
(Bookshelf Paths, Install/Update works, etc), though the text is still
there and usable.

When I select a new text to download and install the small
progress-dialog window has text which over-runs the buttons in the
upper left corner (Mac OS X).  The buttons probably shouldn't be there
at all?

The icon to the left of the reference entry box does not display
(place-holder icon for missing image).  The same goes for the "Toggle
Tree View" button in General Books.

After I installed a new text (ESV) to my local user directory, the
Bookshelf would no longer re-paint itself if I clicked on the
top-level tree items UNLESS I forced a repaint by switching to a new
program and then coming back to Bibletime.

When opening a new module window which would be the only window open,
it defaulted to a tiny, unreadable square in the upper-left corner.
Upon opening a second module, both of them were automatically resized
to fill exactly half of the layout pane.  I remember in BT that used
to only happen if the open modules were in an all-cover tile position.

I'm not sure if these are bugs for the bug tracker, or if they're
already in there (it's 2:55 am on Thanksgiving - I'm going to bed!)
but I just wanted to throw them out in the open in case they are
specific to my platform (Mac OS X.4.11) or part of everyone's
experiences.

Good luck and keep up the toil - it's greatly appreciated!

--Greg