[bt-devel] cmake system and building one .cpp file

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed May 23 00:17:59 MST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 cricketc at gmail.com wrote:
> $cmake ../bibletime
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++ -- works
> -- Looking for Q_WS_X11
> CMake Error: Unknown extension ".c" for file
> "/home/kde4/bibletime-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c".
> TRY_COMPILE only works for enabled languages.
> Currently enabled languages are: CXX
> See PROJECT command for help enabling other languages.
> -- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.
> -- Looking for Q_WS_MAC

These are not dangerous, it should still work.

> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}${CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY}/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro:27:
> MATH cannot parse the expression: "sh: ARGS: not found*10000 + sh:
> ARGS: not found*100 + sh: ARGS: not found": syntax error, unexpected
> exp_TIMES, expecting exp_OPENPARENT or exp_NUMBER (20)

This is exactly the same error I got. Find file FindKDE4Internal.cmake
in your system. Find where it it uses macro_ensure_version to check gcc
version, somewhere around line 711. The problem was that couple of lines
above it tries to use variable CMAKE_C_COMPILER but it doesn't exist or
something. Changing it to CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER worked for me. Another but
dirty option is to change ${_gcc_version} to "4.1.2" (or your gcc
version, in Kubuntu Feisty it's this).

> -- Didn't find KDE4 headers
> -- Found KDE4 library dir: /home/kde4/kde/lib
> -- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
> /home/kde4/kde/bin/kconfig_compiler
> CMake Error: ERROR: could NOT find everything required for compiling
> KDE 4 programs

Me too. Find kde4 include directory and add it by hand. Note that using
ccmake could be good idea. I use 'ccmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ..' in
build directory. I hope you learn to how to use it by yourself, basic
usage is to press c couple of times to go through some configuration
phases and change variables by hand if necessary, then press g.

> Thanks for your offer to help, I need it.:) My gtalk is just the
> address I send these messages from, but I'm about 8-9 hours behind you
> in time. About the only time I can work on this is during the evenings
> during the week (which would be early morning your time), but maybe we
> can connect on the weekend. I added your contact information to my
> contacts, so hopefully we'll connect sometime.

Ok, I will start my IM program up.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland