[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1656970 ] Certain Hebrew fonts freeze BibleTime screen

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 15 09:57:46 MST 2007

Bugs item #1656970, was opened at 2007-02-10 23:00
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1656970&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bible display window
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have checked the Hebrew display problem now with BibleTime 1.6.3b on SuSE Linux 10.0 with KDE 3.5.4. I made some experiments, too.

Screen freezes only occur with certain Hebrew fonts, e.g. Ezra SIL and SBL Hebrew. With these fonts screen freezes as I try to open the WLC text.

With other fonts there are no problems although I had difficulties to find a font that displays all hebrew punctuations and cantilation marks. Now, I use Linux Libertine which works fine.

But as Ezra SIL and SBL Hebrew are quite common (the latter is the Hebrew font developed by the Society of Biblical Literature) it would be interesting why these fonts don't work.