[bt-devel] Misc (was Re: KHTMLView/Part constructor problem...)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Dec 17 12:40:57 MST 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Martin Gruner wrote:

> Cool! Thanks for following up on this in this friendly and accurate way.

For those who did not read the kfm-devel mails: ggarand not only fixed
this specific bug but also wrote a new KHMTLView constructor which we
can use instead of the current hackish code, documented the Part/View
creating methods and added regression tests to prevent this bug
happening again. That I would call friendly.

> Do you know if webkit becomes more usable for us? As soon as QT 4.4 is
> released (end of Q1/2008) we should try to switch.

I have no new information about that. It's of course possible that they
implement the core functionality now and advanced features later. The
best info I could find is here:
http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/QtWebKitTodo

Getting rid of KDE gives quite much work anyways, personally I would be
happy if BibleTime would be Qt-only Q4/2008. And knowing that WebKit is
new technology in Qt I don't expect it to be completely stable and
polished for our purposes right away (though Trolltech is serious with
this one, as always). Let's see what happens.

> FYI: It looks like I might find some time for BT programming after christmas
> and around new year...

That's good. I, on the contrary, will probably be away from the computer
quite much.

How about Jeremy? Do you still have much to do for your university
course? We have not communicated much about that but I would be
interested to hear about your experience with BT development. I think
you have done a great job thus far. It's always motivating to see other
people working with the same project and the whole thing going forward.
It would have been a lonely job to do this alone.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland