[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1560438 ] Builds, but broken with checkinstall

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 18 11:23:12 MST 2006

Bugs item #1560438, was opened at 2006-09-18 04:08
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1560438&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: General
Group: None

Initial Comment:
CentOS 4.4 x86-64, using RedHat KDE update to 3.5.4. I
could not find any source RPMs for Bibletime, so I
built from source. No problems at all, but when I
attempted to produce an RPM using checkinstall, I got
an error during the final packaging phase:

------------
mkdir -p /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime/handbook/;
chmod -R a+r+X  /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime;
chmod: `/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime': No such file
or directory
make[4]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1

Now, I checked, and the directory does exist. Further,
calling that same command from the CLI

   chmod -R a+r+X  /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime

works fine and returns with no error. So why in the
world would the script get a complaint back from chmod?
If I run "make install" without using checkinstall, it
works just fine. Is this something peculiar to
checkinstall or a more general problem with 64-bit?