[bt-devel] Problem building Bibletime from CVS on Fedora Core 5

Steven P. Ulrick lists-bibletime at afolkey2.net
Fri Oct 6 21:58:52 MST 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 23:47:05 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-bibletime at afolkey2.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 23:35:21 -0500
> "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-bibletime at afolkey2.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Everyone
>
> <snip>
>
> > P.S.: Ooops, almost forgot.  Here is a link to the entire output of
> > all the commands that I ran in attempting to compile Bibletime 1.6:
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/Bibletime/
>
> Hello, Again :)
> Of course, the above link contains the output of "make", which
> contains the error in question.  I not only almost left out the link
> referred to above, but I "CLEVERLY" left out even a small portion of
> the output that contained the error messages :)
>
> The end of this file contains the errors in question:
> http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/Bibletime/3-bibletime-make.txt
>
> Thank you for your patience :)
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, Everyone
This is getting kind of frustrating :(  I was "given" :)  a brilliant
idea almost immediately after I sent the last of my recent emails to
this list.
What I did was I got another fresh copy of Bibletime, and compiled it
to be in the default Fedora Core path (/usr) instead of my preferred
KDE path (/usr/local/kde-svn-fc5).  Guess what?  It compiled and
installed perfectly.
Here is a link to the output from my successful attempt at compiling
Bibletime 1.6:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/Bibletime-2/

The following is contained in my ~/.bash_profile:
export YACC='byacc -d'
QTDIR=/usr/local/qt-src
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde-svn-fc5
PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export KDEDIR PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH LIBRARY_PATH

Does anybody have any idea what's going on here?

Have a Great Night,
Steven P. Ulrick