[bt-devel] NET download .........

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 14 12:41:40 MST 2006

Hi Greg ...........

Greg Hellings wrote:
> On 6/14/06, Barry Drake <b.drake at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> You might ask Daniel about binaries that he's built for Debian... I
> think that there is a version of 1.5.3 out for Debian, but I'm not
> certain about that.  Of course, on Debian, you can't get later than
> 1.5.7 of the Sword library.  Gotta agree about Ubuntu, though.  Also,
> are you running the latest Ubuntu (Dapper) or are you still on Sarge?

I'm in the process of trying to upgrade from Sarge to Dapper - so far
with limited success, so I might re-install.  The original install was
so easy ....  I'll take a look at the binaries on Debian ... if there's
a 1.5.3 I'll get it when I upgrade.  Maybe later in the Summer I'll get
time to build stuff - but things have been so busy - and my only reason
for getting my Linux box back into shape is to test BibleTime and
GnomeSword with NET, so there's not a lot of pressure for me to keep
up-to-date.  I'll post a message on Sword-Devel when we release.
Meantime, the release version 1.0.0 is up there on the bible.org site,
but the unlock keys have been changed from the tester versions.

Thanks for all your help and support.

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).