[bt-devel] NET download .........

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:10:43 MST 2006

Barry,

On 6/14/06, Barry Drake <b.drake at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi Joachim (and Martin and Greg) ....
>
> Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> > which version of BibleTime do you use? BibleTime 1.5.3 works with the German unlocked Bible module.
> 1.5.1 was the latest I could find as a pre-built binary, and so far I
> haven't had time to build anything more recent, so that's the problem.
> If it's fixed now, that's OK - I was just concerned that I might be
> getting a lot of support calls when we launch - which is anytime now!
>
> I got it to work OK by installing manually, and then using the right
> click feature on the NET module in the modules window, and clicking on
> 'unlock module'.  It isn't a problem - just a support issue for me when
> we launch.  If you know of a binary that has a later version than the
> one I have, I'll get it.  Otherwise, I'm a bit too busy to do a lot of
> work just now.  I'm using the Ubuntu distro - and think it's the best
> thing since sliced bread.
>
> I might add a line or two to the BibleTime installations instructions
> which we are placing on the bible.org web site telling about the manual
> install being needed prior to 1.5.3.

You might ask Daniel about binaries that he's built for Debian... I
think that there is a version of 1.5.3 out for Debian, but I'm not
certain about that.  Of course, on Debian, you can't get later than
1.5.7 of the Sword library.  Gotta agree about Ubuntu, though.  Also,
are you running the latest Ubuntu (Dapper) or are you still on Sarge?