[bt-devel] NET download .........

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Wed Jun 14 08:58:40 MST 2006

Hi Barry,

> I just tried to install the release version of the NET bible from the
> download site at bible.org.  Firstly, the bookshelf manager only seems
> to show the unlocked modules on that site, and shows neither NET nor
> NETnotes.

It does work in CVS, and it should also work in 1.5.3. Which version did you
try? I know we have some issues with enciphered modules, but it worked for
the locked German HfA...

> Both of these are visible in GnomeSword and BibleCS.  I did a
> manual install, and even though I had written the new CipherKey into
> NET.conf, BibleTime still showed the old one in the 'about' box for
> NET.  I had to right click on NET and put the new key in using BibleTime
> before it would accept it!  Seemed strange to me.  This would not
> normally cause a problem, but not showing locked modules is difficult.
> Is it something I'm not doing correctly?

This behaviour is intended. We store the key in a BibleTime config file to
make sure it will not get lost during an upgrade of the module. We should,
however, also set it in Sword's config files as well.

Feel free to comment the corresponding bug report/TODO item for 1.6 at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1452703&group_id=954&atid=100954.

mg