[bt-devel] BibleTime Search

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Jan 2 10:47:13 MST 2006

Hi Lee,

your additions really rock.

> I've checked in my work so far on the new BibleTime search feature.
> Please note that is not yet complete, but it is functional if you want
> to play with it.  The most noticeable missing pieces are a progress bar
> for the indexing operation, and the delete index feature.

I implemented a little progress dialog in the meanwhile.
And I made a little change to your code: buildIndex() should probably always
overwrite an existing index.

> Also, the
> "search last result" feature doesn't yet work.

Now that we have instant searching, we won't need this any more. You can just
make the search query more complex to limit the number of results, instead of
limiting the search to the last search result.

I redesigned the search dialog a bit, but it needs more work from somebody who
is more familiar with the UI stuff in QT than I am. Esp. resizing does not
work right yet.

mg