[bt-devel] 1.6 beta2

Wolfgang Stradner wolfgang_stradner at wycliffe.org
Thu Apr 27 22:57:08 MST 2006

Thank's Joachim for your instructions.

Here is, what I did:
I tried to uninstall bibletime-1.6beta2 with synaptic, but is was not
installed.
So I went to kdesu konqueror and deleted the folder /bibletime-1.6beta2

Then I started the installation procedure again and under.
sudo checkinstall I had to change:
2: bibletime-1.6beta2 -> bibletime (3. showed 1.6beta2 already correctly.

Then the installation failed with the following message:
Selecting previously deselected package bibletime.
(Reading database ... 115285 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking bibletime (from .../bibletime_1.6beta2-1_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
/home/wolfgang/bibletime-1.6beta2/bibletime_1.6beta2-1_i386.deb (--install):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/bibletime', which is also in package
bibletime-1.6beta1
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /home/wolfgang/bibletime-1.6beta2/bibletime_1.6beta2-1_i386.deb

Starting Bibletime works and shows the version 1.6beta2
Question: Prtovides this kind of installation  the 'real, full working'
version bibletime 1.6beta2?

Greetings
Wolfgang