[bt-devel] 1.6 beta2

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Thu Apr 27 04:24:51 MST 2006

Hi,

> Download bibletime-1.6beta2.tar.bz2
> then in the Terminal/Konsole type:)
> tar jxf bibletime-1.6beta2.tar.bz2
> cd bibletime-1.6beta2
> ./configure kde_htmldir=/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML --prefix=/usr
> make
> sudo checkinstall
>
> So, how to tell checkinstall to use the package bibletime-1.6beta2
> instead fo bibletime-1.6beta1?

sudo checkinstall asks you several questions.

The package documentation directory ./doc-pak does not exist.
Should I create a default set of package docs?  [y]:

--> Answer with "n"

Please write a description for the package.
End your description with an empty line or EOF.

--> Enter something

0 -  Maintainer: [ root at localhost.localdomain ]
1 -  Summary: [ Package created with checkinstall 1.5.3 ]
2 -  Name:    [ bibletime ]
3 -  Version: [ bibletime ]
4 -  Release: [ 1 ]
5 -  License: [ GPL ]
6 -  Group:   [ checkinstall ]
7 -  Architecture: [ i386 ]
8 -  Source location: [ bibletime ]
9 -  Alternate source location: [  ]

Enter a number to change any of them or press ENTER to continue:

--> This screen may look different depending on the package. press 2 and enter
"bibletime" in the input. Back in the screen press 3  and enter "1.6beta2".
Now, back in this input screen, press "enter" to start the installation.

I guess the package name (2) and version (3) had wrong values on your side.