[bt-devel] multi user mode

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Wed Nov 9 11:02:42 MST 2005

Hi,

your project sounds really cool.
To remove those two buttons you probably have to edit the source code. I think
the best workaround (if you want to remove all buttons) is to hide the
controls. Otherwise you"d break some things.

> regarding the buttons:
> first let me tell that we are located in Isreal (www.blich.co.il)
> and as the bibletime app will take place as a default very important app on
> this terminal server at our school and as this is also a first  typo for
> other schools to beniffet from, we where thinking to either change the
> "spoken" buttons and to create a different icon or to disable them for some
> other schools that might be problematic.
>
> now that bibletime works for multiuser i need to default it to the
> following: disable: show tip of the day
> 	    show startup logo
> 	    restore windowsfrom the last startup session

You can set all those settings and close BibleTime to save the configuration.
Then use the file $HOME/.kde/share/config/bibletimerc as the base conf file
which is located in the global place, usually $KDEDIR/config/bibletimerc.
I think that should work.

If it doesn't, edit the file bibletime/frontend/cbtconfig.cpp and change the
default values.

> fonts: Hebrew (enable use custom fonts), font name Nachlieli-clm, light, 12
> (i have the font installed on the system all ready and it works great)
>
> Default bible: westminster leningrad codex (WLC)

These two settings are also stored in the config file.

> so my Q is how do i cause bibletime to open by default for all users with
> the above settings ?

Try the config file method first.Or symlink the local config file to the
global one and make that write protected.

If you do a hebre translation of BibleTime we are eager to add it to the next
release =)

BTW, you can even edit the menu by editing the
file .kde/share/apps/bibletime/bibletimeui.rc. This one is also read from the
global place if it exists.

Let me know if you have more questions,