[bt-devel] multi user mode

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:18:41 MST 2005

On 11/9/05, Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel at teuton.org> wrote:

> Hi Ami,
>
> On Tue, November 8, 2005 2:38 pm, ami said:
> >
> > our library users, can i install and run bibletime in a multi user mode
> ?,
> > any issues with sword regarding multi user mode ?
>
> The bibletime application is just an appliaction. If you install it in
> /usr/bin, then anyone can run it. The multi-user part is handled by the
> OS.
>
> Now, if you're talking about sharing sword modules, that's a little
> different. I think there's a way to install modules that will be
> available for everyone... you'll have to check the sword module docs.
> Typically, Sword modules are stored under ~/.sword for each user. I think
> you can configure it to also check some location like /usr/share/sword for
> modules.

Yes, the location is, with a default install /usr/local/share/sword.
However, for the prepackaged Debian, I believe that you are right. If you go
to /usr/share/sword you can just put the modules in there and Sword ought to
pick them up the same as if they were in ~/.sword. I almost always install
modules to /usr/share/sword by default.

--Greg