[bt-devel] 64 bits

Gary Sims gary at garysims.co.uk
Mon May 23 04:24:57 MST 2005

Hi,

I have just got an AMD64 and I have installed the x86-64 edition SUSE 9.2. I
should also be getting FC3 x86-64 soon. SUSE is running fine and I am pleased
with the system.

Naturally I want BibleTime on the machine and I was wondering if anyone has
done any 64 bit work on Sword and BibleTime.

I am starting with sword... guess what... it doesn't compile. :-(
I can't get clucene to compile in 64 bits, so I have used --without-lucene
with configure.

The compile fails with the linking of testlib.o with undefined references to
uncompress. gzerror, gzread, gzdopen, compress.

Using --without-zlib doesn't help...

Am I the first to try this? I am using Sword 1.5.7a not a CVS version.

Thanks and blessings,

Gary
--
Gary Sims (gary at garysims.co.uk)