[bt-devel] Downloading and compiling Bibletime

Jim jdc.email at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:55:46 MST 2005

David Blue (Mailing List Address) wrote:

>On Tuesday 29 March 2005 04:58 pm, jd campbell wrote:
>

>>I downloaded the cvs source from sourceforge using the instructions on
>>the cvs page.
>>
>>Now I cannot compile Bibletime.  Here are my questions.
>>
>>1) How do I generate the configure script (the configure is missing
>>but configure.in is present).
>>2) Is there a way to compile Bibletime from KDevelop?  (I was not
>>successful when I tried to "run automake and friends".
>>

>I have several questions of my own.
>
>1) have you downloaded and compiled the sword library (if you're using bt cvs
>you'll need the code from the subversion (or svn) repository. There are
>instructions on www.crosswire.org to get it.

I have not downloaded the sword library.  I will do this.  Thank you.

>2)have you run autogen.sh yet? I've sucessfully compiled bibletime from
>kdevelop but haven't tried so without first running autogen.sh to create the
>configure script, so your milage may vary

I did try to run autogen.sh.  But it did not work... I cannot remember
the exact error messages (I will not be able to get back to my
development computer for a couple of days).   But the errors were
something like error on line 9 or 8 or something.  I did send the errors
to  info at bibletime.info  if any body has access to that email.
(Sorry for my disorganization, I am away from my main computer.)

Anyway, I will get these and post them if I continue to have trouble.

>3) what versions of stuff (kdevelop, gcc, etc) are you using?

Distro Suse 9.2
KDevelop 3.2.0
gcc 3.3.4
glibc 2.3.3