[bt-devel] Downloading and compiling Bibletime

Tue Mar 29 15:27:08 MST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 04:58 pm, jd campbell wrote:
> I downloaded the cvs source from sourceforge using the instructions on
> the cvs page.
>
> Now I cannot compile Bibletime.  Here are my questions.
>
> 1) How do I generate the configure script (the configure is missing
> but configure.in is present).
> 2) Is there a way to compile Bibletime from KDevelop?  (I was not
> successful when I tried to "run automake and friends".

I have several questions of my own.

1) have you downloaded and compiled the sword library (if you're using bt cvs
you'll need the code from the subversion (or svn) repository. There are
instructions on www.crosswire.org to get it.

2)have you run autogen.sh yet? I've sucessfully compiled bibletime from
kdevelop but haven't tried so without first running autogen.sh to create the
configure script, so your milage may vary

3) what versions of stuff (kdevelop, gcc, etc) are you using?