[bt-devel] Lexicon/Dictionary problem

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Wed Jun 22 08:57:52 MST 2005

Hi,
thank you for your reports.

I don't know atm  what the reason is for bug no. 1.
Please submit a bug report for that and if possible give a reference to a
public Sword module where this occurs so we can test that.

> The second problem comes from when I attempt to install a version of the
> dictionary with no entries containing a comma. I went through all of the
> removal/uninstall procedures I could. First I just tried overwriting the
> files related to the dictionary, but that did not affect that content that
> Bibletime has recorded for the dicitonary, it still has entries with commas
> in them, although there are none in the new form of the module. I then
> tried using the Bibletime installer program to uninstall the problem
> modules and then install the new form. Once again, when I open Bibletime I
> see the entries with the commas in them listed, not the new version. When I
> tested the new module in Gnomesword, just to be certain that the new form
> of the module does not have a comma in the name, it correctly loaded the
> new form of the module without the commas, but Bibletime seems to have
> cached the data somewhere so that I always end up with entries containing
> commas for the two modules under question.

Right, BT caches the lexicon entries.
But if a module update (i.e. a different version number of it) is installed
the lexicon cache is removed and recreated.
Did you change the version before you loaded te new module data?

The cache is in .kde/share/apps/bibletime/.