[bt-devel] Porting BibleTime to Windows -- trying to build a developer community

Mathias Bavay mbavay at ivantech.com
Fri Jun 17 09:41:39 MST 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 05:12, Gary Sims wrote:
> One comment is that there are a number of high
> quality Windows Bible programs. Is the effort involved worth the
> benefits?

Yes, definitely! I'm currently trying to set up a CD containing the Bible in
Arabic (as well as English and French) for evangelization in the Arab world.
And I realized preparing it that the Sword front ends for Windows are far
from being as neat as Bibletime (I finally decided to use Biblestudy). So, a
great software like BibleTime would really be a huge improvement for the
Windows front ends of Sword.

For helping in the development, I would like to do it, I know some qt (I'm
doing some qt dev in my job as well as for a GPL project I started several
months ago), but since I currently have several projects running, I need to
finish a couple of them and figure out how much of my time is going to be
taken by the new ones I've just started...

Anyway, thank you very much for the great work you've already done on
BibleTime!!

Mathias
--
Mathias Bavay