[bt-devel] Roadmap for 1.6

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Jul 16 20:19:16 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 22:39 -0400, Eric Hartwell wrote:
> On Saturday 16 July 2005 22:00, David Blue (Mailing List Address) wrote:
> > Since it was mentioned, I'll start the thread on it.
> >
> > I personally would like to see an IDEA type interface for bibletime. For
> > those not familiar with IDEA it's the kind of thing you see in kdevelop's
> > default interface, or on the konqueror sidebar. But maybe that's something
> > for later on
> >
> > A good interface for modules with images, currently none exist but it'd be
> > a good starting point for map support which I'd also like to see
> >
> > And probably more importantly, I'd like to see the personal commentary
> > editor revamped. I'd like to be able to link to bible verses, and just in
> > general have better editing tools at my disposal.
> >
> > There's a start. Go forth and have fun kiddies, just remember to put your
> > ideas in this thread and remember who started it all. (Not me)
>
> Being able to link to verses would be a nice feature. Including a
> spell-checker mechanism would be nice. What is the spell-checker built into
> KDE?
>
> Are there modules with images in them? I'm not sure I see the need, but it
> could be tied into the personal commentary system so the user can change the
> image. Just a thought. <snip>
I do have a pretty lengthy wish list.  I have been hoping to be able to
contribute myself but have not yet found the time to do so.

The biggest functional improvement I would like is a way to enter book,
chapter and verse in one place rather than have to enter them in three
separate combo boxes.  Perhaps we could parse the book combo box, split
out numbers after a book abbreviation and use them as chapter and verse.
Thus one could enter I Cor 10:13 and it would properly parse and go to
that verse.

I would like to see some indicator on a verse that there is a personal
commentary note on it or a bookmark. I would love to see notes on books
and chapters as well as verses.

Finally, I would like to see access to the deutero-canonical books in
the translations which have them.

I know that's quite a bit and I don't know how much I'll be able to
contribute.  Thanks to all who have taken the time to do so - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net