[bt-devel] name changes

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Jan 11 04:34:23 MST 2005

Joachim,

> Hm, I don't think the bookmarks fit into a library. Maybe something like
> "Ressource pool", or whatever. Can't find a  nice name atm :)

Well, imo Bookmarks ("Lesezeichen" in German) do fit well into a library. They
are usually inside books.

My concern is to find names that would be intutitive even to completely
un-technical people. The allegory to a real library seems to be pretty fit
for that cause to me. After all, Books and reading / studying is what
BibleTime is about! "Resource pool" sounds kindof diffuse.

> > Display Window -> Read Window
> >   sub-types: Bible, Commentary, Dictionary and Book
> > Write Window -> Editor / Edit Window
>
> Read and Write window is ok IMHO.

Maybe we should try to use more literary terms. "Compose window" would be nice
for the writer. Also, the Sword setup dialog should be renamed "Manage
library". This is more intuitive and will avoid the conflict with the sword
configuration pane in the BT setup dialog.

mg