[bt-devel] sample modules

Luke Plant spookylukey at fastmail.fm
Tue May 25 10:23:06 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm developing a lightweight front end for SWORD for the KDE environment
- in fact a kioslave (you type sword:/ in konqueror and browse from
there).  It's mainly meant for the times you quickly want to look up a
verse rather than load up BibleTime or whatever.

I've got a few questions/problem perhaps you could help me with (I
couldn't subscribe to the sword-devel list, so I thought I'd try here).

1) Are there some example modules in each of the different formats (GBF,
OSIS, ThML, plain) that I could use for testing?

2) The main areas I have still to sort out are things like strongs
numbers, morphological tags, lemmas (are these the same as Strongs?) and
cross references.  Are they any docs on what form these will take in the
different markup formats? I've been copying BibleTime for some of these
things, but it would be nice to know what I'm doing!

Cheers,

Luke

--
"She's not the brightest tree in the forest." (True Quotes From
Induhviduals, Scott Adams)

Luke Plant -- L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net -- www.lukeplant.me.uk