[bt-devel] cvs test complete

Joachim Ansorg junkmail at joachim.ansorgs.de
Fri May 21 08:58:36 MST 2004

Hi,

> However there is still a problem with certain holem-waws. However many are
> rendered correctly. I think I have identified a pattern now.

I think this is a rendering issue of Qt/KDE.

> 2. On any module if I didn't have the option line break after every verse
> on, then when I selected a verse which was below the veiw area of the bible
> window, bibletime wouldn't move me to the correct place in the text. I
> would have to manually scroll down. But with line breaks on between verses
> there was no problem.

That's a bug we still have to fix before 1.5.

> 3.As for printing, I was only able to print a chapter, I wasn't able to
> print just one verse.  I also wasn't able to print just the references from
> the search results, so had to print reference and text. Being able to print
> just the references is a useful feature.

Printing single verses is working now again.
Printing a single reference is not yet possible, I'm not sure how to make it
fit into the interface.

> I did like the ability of the old print manager to add multiple print jobs
> (i.e. individual verses) before finally sending to print. This seems to be
> lost in the new system. However it isn't that important to me, so don't
> spend time on it on my account.

As a workaround you can put all the items in a bookmark folder and then, after
selecting them, choose to print them.
Selecting bookmarks is a bit unintuitive.

Hopefully we'll have verselists some day.

> 4. Also the rendering was a bit funny for the NA27 greek text i.e. John
> 16:1 (what I am studying at the moment).
> 1Ταῦτα RD APN <οὗτος> λελάληκα V 1XAIS <λαλέω> ὑμῖν RP DP <σύ> ἵνα C <ἵνα>
> μὴ D <μή> σκανδαλισθῆτε V 2APSP <σκανδαλίζω> .
> with the greek words appearing between < >.

Is that working better now with current CVS?

> 5. The strongs/morph numbers show up as part of the text, and the ability
> to turn them on and off has been lost. Is this because BT is transitioning
> to accommodate the info display system? It is very helpful to be able to
> turn the strongs/morph codes on and off.

The strongs do not appear anymore. Hovering the word the mouse should show the
info in the infodisplay. Get CVS for that.
Holding SHIFT allows the user to get to the info display keeping the last
text.

Thank you for your testing!
Joachim
- --