[bt-devel] cvs test complete

anthony kerr anton_kylie at pacific.net.au
Thu May 20 04:08:31 MST 2004

Joachim

I just did a fresh cvs compile of both sword and bt, the compile went
smoothly. I have done an extensive test, and have written notes as follows.
There are quite a few things here, but don't be discouraged, we love your
labour of love.

1.The BHS is rendered much cleaner now.

However there is still a problem with certain holem-waws. However many are
rendered correctly. I think I have identified a pattern now.

When the cantillation marks are turned off, all holem-waws that follow a
consonant with no vowels are rendered under that same consonant, rather than
to the left of it.

Conversely, when the cantillation marks are turned on, most holem-waws are
rendered correctly, except for the case in say Genesis 1:5  לָאֹור which has
no cantillation marks under the aleph, and the holem-waw slides in under the
aleph.

2. On any module if I didn't have the option line break after every verse on,
then when I selected a verse which was below the veiw area of the bible
window, bibletime wouldn't move me to the correct place in the text. I would
have to manually scroll down. But with line breaks on between verses there
was no problem.

This carried over into the search display window, when I clicked on one of the
search result references the display window didn't move to show me that verse
and so I had to scroll through heaps of text to see it. (this has been the
case for a while now, I just have forgottent to report it).

3.As for printing, I was only able to print a chapter, I wasn't able to print
just one verse.  I also wasn't able to print just the references from the
search results, so had to print reference and text. Being able to print just
the references is a useful feature.

I did like the ability of the old print manager to add multiple print jobs
(i.e. individual verses) before finally sending to print. This seems to be
lost in the new system. However it isn't that important to me, so don't spend
time on it on my account.

4. Also the rendering was a bit funny for the NA27 greek text i.e. John 16:1
(what I am studying at the moment).
1Ταῦτα RD APN <οὗτος> λελάληκα V 1XAIS <λαλέω> ὑμῖν RP DP <σύ> ἵνα C <ἵνα> μὴ
D <μή> σκανδαλισθῆτε V 2APSP <σκανδαλίζω> .
with the greek words appearing between < >.

Other greek text modules were OK.

5. The strongs/morph numbers show up as part of the text, and the ability to
turn them on and off has been lost. Is this because BT is transitioning to
accommodate the info display system? It is very helpful to be able to turn
the strongs/morph codes on and off.

in Christ
anthony