[bt-devel] (no subject)

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Fri Jul 9 16:47:06 MST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:33:20 -0700 (PDT)
"Michael Andrew Kamrath" <mikekamrath at ncplus.net> wrote:

> I would like to work on the handbook. Where Can I download the latest
> version?

Hello, Mike :)
A few days ago I sent the response that I quote below to you and the
list.  Unfortunately, it must have not made it to you, so I include it
here again.  After the quote from my previous email on this subject, I
will answer your question about getting the code that you need to edit
so that you can help on the handbook :)

Hello, Mike :)
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner :)  You appear to have a
greater command of German than I have of English :)  (That was
funny/sad.  English is my only language :))  Based on that command of
German, would you be able to document new features?  I am good at the
technical stuff (well, good/willing to learn), and I can certainly spot
someone elses grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.  With the help
of my wife (a school teacher,) all of that is no problem.  But, I have
"issues" with creative writing, or, in other words, creating a document
from scratch.  So, since in addition to being fluent in German, you
appear to have an excellent command of English, it would be great if you
could document new features, and I could easily correct any mistakes
that you might happen to make.  If this is feasable for you, please let
me know.

If this won't work for you, and if I can't find anything else for you to
help me with, I still thank you for even offering to help :)

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick

O.K.  As far as the code you need to edit, it is contained in the
following directory, if you are using anonymous CVS to keep current with
Bibletime: bibletime/docs/handbook/unicode  All you need to do is use
your favorite text editor, and edit the files that end thusly:
".docbook"

If you are not getting Bibletime from anonymous CVS, but you would be
able to do so, here are the commands that are required to get it: cd
into the directory that you desire to place the Bibletime module into,
and run the following:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime co bibletime

Use the following command, from the directory that you downloaded
Bibletime INTO, to update:
cvs -f update -R -d -P '\''.'\'' 2>&1

Also, here are the commands that I use to build Bibletime.  Yours may be
slightly different:
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kde-cvs --enable-debug=full
make
su
make install

The way I described above is the most efficient way to get you going on
the handbook, since once the files you edit are comitted, then all of us
can keep up with it, and it will sure keep you from any confusion :)
If any of this is a problem, or if I was unclear, please feel free to
let me know, and we'll work something out :)
Oh yeah, later tonight, I will go through the handbook again and see if
I can see anything obvious that you could start on :)

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick