[bt-devel] Display issues in CVS (1.5pre)

Wed Jul 7 18:16:39 MST 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 06:48 am, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> > 1)Commentaries, and Lexicons and kin (Devotionals and I would imagine
> > Glossaries though I don't have one handy to test) don't show keys anymore
> > meaning you can't book mark them. I would imagine that this is somehow
> > related to the new key stuff Chris put in sword-cvs
>
> I have to fix that. Our own bug :)

Ok, it occured for me at the same time as Chris's new key stuff so I decided
to blame him. ^_~

> > 2)Some passages (the first two chapters of Isaiah, Proverbs 13, and
> > probably some other chapters of books as well) hilight the whole chapter
> > with the selected verse color in the Default template. This only happens
> > when a window has a single bible version in it. Currently this only seems
> > to effect the WEB, is this perhaps a problem with the WEB or perhaps our
> > GBF parser?
>
> The WEB displays fine here (using KDE 3.2).
> Strange.

I also have this issue with some chapters in Proverbs (ch1 I believe) and
probably the other spots too in KDE 3.2 and KDE 3.3alpha1

> > 3)Some verses are displayed in duplicate creating a horizontal scrollbar.
> > So far this effects every version I've tried. And it only affects display
> > of a single bible. I tested copying and it seems to work properly. (this
> > problem also occurs in the display template preview window for me)
>
> Works fine here, too.
>
> Do you have an official KDE release running somewhere?

I'm on gentoo so I can have multpile KDE Releases installed side by side. I
checked in KDE 3.2 and the issue still occurs so I don't think it's KDE
related. Also KDE 3.2.90 *is* an official KDE release. It's just an alpha.
The first beta was just released so after my reinstall (adding a new
harddrive and repartitioning everything) I'll check it against the new alpha
as soon as packages for it are available on my distro.

Also, an issue that I forgot about in that email. If you have your standard
background color set as something other than white, BibleTime looks rather
odd as there is a white box where we render the text to. I'll look at the
templates to see if there is any way to possibly use colors from the KDE
color scheme. And I might add create a high-contrast or other accessibility
templates for users that need those.