[bt-devel] Bibletime problems...

Brad bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:54:32 +1000

I have installed the Bibletime and Sword RPMs into my notebook Fedora
RC1 installation but it won't start. I click on the icon and it gives me
an hourglass for about a minute and then stops. There is nothing
significant in /var/log/messages.

I wondered if I needed some modules installed and so I have just
downloaded the RSV version and the zip file contains 2 directories:

mods.d
modules

In true Linux fashion the instructions are cryptic and sparse.

At http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/moduleinstall.jsp it says:

Find the directory where your sword modules are installed. This
directory will contain subdirectories: |mods.d| and |modules|. Some
possibilities include |\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project|, or
|/usr/share/sword|. Unzip the module to this directory. The module zip
file will unzip to populate the |mods.d| and |modules| subdirectories.

My /usr/share/sword contains 2 directories:

locales.d
mods.d

So what now?

Regards,