[bt-devel] Re: [sword-support] What do I download?

Daniel Glassey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:59:51 +0100

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 16:41, Preacher Dave wrote:
> On Monday 12 April 2004 01:38 am, Ian MacGregor wrote:
> > However, I found it a bit overwhelming as I couldn't figure out what (which
> > files) I needed to download. I am looking for a King James version, or,
> > preferably, New King James version, bible to download and use/read on my
> > computer, but I which files I actually need. I didn't want to download and
> > install everything and then find out I didn't need half of it, or that I
> > had to uninstall anything. I don't mind downloading several files, but I
> > need to know which files I need to download and install just to have a
> > simple bible to read. I don't need complex searches or cross-references or
> > dictionaries, just a small readble bible - OT and NT. I would very much
> > appreciate it if someone could take a minute to direct me to *which* files
> > I need to download for my computer.
>
> First, you'll want to goto either the gnomesword page
> (http://gnomesword.sf.net) or the bibletime page (http://www.bibletime.info)
> depending on whether you use kde or gnome. gnomesword is obviously gnome
> based and bibletime is kdebased. Neither has Mandrake 10 rpms up yet, so you
> can either install from source or wait a bit to see if we get some made.

Or you can build rpms and provide them for other people as well as
installing for yourself. If you would like to do that I'm sure someone
will give you the instructions. :)

Regards,
Daniel