[bt-devel] Packages of 1.3?

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 03:40:12 -0500

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:53:47 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@faith4miracle.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:49:42 -0500
> "Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@faith4miracle.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:55:20 +0200
> > Joachim Ansorg <junkmail@joachim.ansorgs.de> wrote:

> > > Stephen,
> > > thank you for your support!
> > >
> > > You need
> > > 	automake 1.7.2
> > > 	autoconf 2.5.7
> > > 	libtool 1.4.3
> > > I hope that's all.
> > >
> > > Joachim
> >
> > Hello, Joachim :)
> > I haven't tried to compile the first two items quoted above - I'll
> > get those going shortly.  But while looking for libtool 1.4.3, all I
> > could find was a SRPM.  At ftp://ftp.gnu.org, the closest full
> > version I could find was 1.4.2.
> >
> > These are the only references to 1.4.3:
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.2-1.4.3.tar.xdp.gz.back-RSN.README
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.3-1.5.diff.gz.back-RSN.README
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.3-1.5.tar.xdp.gz.back-RSN.README
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.3.tar.gz.back-RSN.README
> >
> > If the SRPM doesn't work, please let me know if you can
> > help me get the source of libtool 1.4.3
> >
> > Steven P. Ulrick
>
> Hello, Joachim :)
> Just got done compiling and installing the following:
> autoconf-2.57
> automake-1.7.2
> libtool-1.4.3
>
> The first two I got from ftp://ftp.gnu.org
> The third, I got the gz file from the SuSE 8.2 SRPM, which is the only
> libtool 1.4.3 I could find.
>
> I then proceeded to get a fresh copy of Bibletime from the CVS.
> Next, I manually removed the Bibletime icons that were installed from
> the Bibletime 1.3 source tarball.
> I then did the usual:
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make
> su
> make install
>
> The result was that I still had no icons.
> I have uploaded a tarball with the output from all four commands to
> the following location:
>
> http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime-CompileLogs.tar.bz2
>
> Right now, I need to go to the church.  This is my week to edit and
> print our bulletin, Faith News
> When I return, I'll look back in the bibletime-devel archives and see
> what you told me to run in bibletime/pics/16x16 and I will upload the
> files and output of that :)
>
> You will be hearing from me in a few hours :)
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, Joachim :)
In reference to the above quoted message, please find the files:
bibletime/pics/16x16/Makefile
bibletime/pics/16x16/Makefile.in
located in a tarball at the following location:

http://www.faith4miracle.org/BibletimePics-Makefiles.tar.bz2

Before I wrote this, I ran "rpm -e --nodeps" on every RPM on my system
whose name began with "autoconf", "automake", or "libtools"  I then
recompiled and reinstalled the source tarballs of the versions of these
tools that you told me to install, ran "make distclean" on the Bibletime
CVS and recompiled Bibletime using the same commands quoted above.  The
result was that I still have no icons.  I do not mention this out of
annoyance, of course, but purely in the interest of doing what I can to
narrow this problem down :)

Again, if there's anything you need me to do, please feel free to let me
know.  Also, to be on the safe side, I want to mention something I
referred to recently that I heard no response about.  I assume I heard
nothing because this isn't an issue, but here goes:
The "version" of Red Hat 9 I am running is one I purchased from
http://www.cheapbytes.com  It's actual name is "Pink Tie Linux", not
"Red Hat Linux"  The only difference between "Red Hat" and "Pink Tie" is
supposed to be that to stay in line with Red Hat's EULA, CheapBytes
needed to remove all references to the "Red Hat" trademark.  If you say
so, I will gladly have my brother Dave download "Red Hat 9" as opposed
to "Pink Tie 9" just to see if possibly there are more differences
between the two than there are supposed to be :)

Anyway, I think I can get a few more hours sleep now :)
Steven P. Ulrick
Steven P. Ulrick