[bt-devel] Packages of 1.3?

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 01:17:19 -0500

Hello, Artemis :)

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 02:10:52 +0300
State Artemis <star@home.ro> wrote:

> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> Hello Steven
>
> In INSTALL file you have all instructions.
> Any way the commands are:
> 1. kde-config --prefix  (to find your KDE directory in RH .90 is /usr)
As you correctly stated, the KDE directory in Red Hat 9 is /usr.  And
that is where my KDE is located, as I run KDE as supplied with Red Hat's
official updates.

> 2. export KDEDIR=/usr   (or your KDE dir)
I ran this, no apparent problems: meaning that there was absolutely no
output, so I assume it worked :)

> 3. export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH (you may replace /bin with your KDE
> dir)
I ran this command exactly as quoted above, because as I stated under
point number 1, my KDE is exactly where Red Hat puts it.  I assume that
"(you may replace /bin with your KDE dir)" means that if I have changed
my KDE directory from the default, then this is where I would put the
new location.

> After this the icon problem and the localizaton problem, etc. are
> solved.
After following the above steps, I started Bibletime.  No icons.
I then logged out and logged back in.  No icons.
I then rebooted.  No icons.

A few points of clarification: when I update Bibletime from the CVS, I
ALWAYS use the following commands -
1 make -f Makefile.cvs
2 ./configure --prefix=/usr
3  make
4  su
5  make install

I have always configured Bibletime for the directory that Red Hat has as
KDE's default, /usr

Also, up until my failed attempts yesterday, I have been updating and
installing from the CVS successfully for quite some time (except that I
have had no icons.)

In closing, if you see something in what I said above that leads you to
see what I may have done wrong that has kept the Bibletime icons from
reappearing, please feel free to let me know :)

If the issue has to do with recompiling Bibletime, please see my recent
e-mail about not being able to compile a fresh copy from the CVS, or the
tarball of the new stable release :)

Steven P. Ulrick