[bt-devel] russian or ukrainian translation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 19 May 2003 19:07:18 -0400

Sorry you are having trouble with the build.
The project files are on source forge, but I doubt the problem is the project
files.  The error messages indicated you suffered from dependency problems.
I run a mandrake system, but as I run a development (from the cvs) version I
always build from the cvs.
The problems you encountered are
  Missing dependencies -
error messages like this result when dependencies are missing

configure:4344: gcc -o conftest -O2 conftest.c -lcompat 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcompat
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It is also possible that the wrong sword back end was installed.  Sword must
be installed first, and if you are going to compile bibletime from cvs you
must use the sword cvs.  The sword cvs is here:

Bibletime depends on the sword back end. For anonymous access use the
following commands to login:
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/usr/local/cvsroot
cvs login
Password: anonymous
cvs -z5 checkout sword

I recommend that you try one of the rpms or tar files rather than the
developmental release.  With the developmental release there can be periodic
trouble as the bibletime cvs is dependant on the sword program cvs, and both
are under continuous development.

The released tar, rpm, etc files indicate which version of the sword back end
they depend on.

The sword files and the texts can be obtained from http://www.crosswire.org,
and ftp://www.crosswire.org.  On the crosswire site in the
ftp://www.crosswire.org/pub/sword/iso there is a copy of the entire
collection of files, documents, and programs contained in the sword family.
Copies of the released bibletime are here.  The folder latest can be browsed,
and downloaded.  Previous versions of the sword disk iso are only posted in
the iso format (244MB).  These are for making your own sword CD which can
also be ordered by post.