[bt-devel] Dissapearing Icons in Bibletime CVS

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:42:52 -0500

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:08:49 +0200
Martin Gruner <mg.pub@gmx.net> wrote:

> Steven,
>
> you need to check where the icons got installed to. Just search for
> one of the icon names in your KDE dir.
> How about launching the handbook from within bibletime? Is KDEDIR set
> correctly?
>
> mg

Hello, Martin :)
I just tried what you said, and I have some good new and some bad news:
the good news is, I found the icons :)
The bad news is where I found them:
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime/handbook
Please refer back to my original e-mail on this subject, where I
mentioned that I ran "./configure --prefix=/usr" so that Bibletime would
work correctly with Red Hat.  (As you probably know, the directory that
Bibletime is installed to if "./configure" is run with no "--prefix=***"
is "/usr/local/kde/"  Of course, that is not the path for KDE that Red
Hat uses.)
This is all very confusing, because the only difference between this
attempt at installing Bibletime on Red Hat 9, and every other attempt
that I have made with Red Hat 9, is that I have a new hard drive, which
I can't imagine having anything to do with the problem.  Another thing I
need to mention: when compiling Bibletime on any version of Red Hat that
I have ever used (7, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8, 9), I have always ran
"./configure --prefix=/usr", and I haven't had any problems.  I also
need to add something that makes this even more of a mystery: not only
did my RPM of Bibletime, and the Source Code from the CVS work perfectly
on my system (Red Hat 9) up until I reinstalled a few days ago, but
right now, I am running a fresh install, and I installed EVERY package
like I always do.

Have A Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick