[bt-devel] Problem compiling Bibletime from the CVS

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:29:11 -0500

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:51:32 +0200
Martin Gruner <mg.pub@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I investigated some more. The icons problem is definitely a result of
> automake/autoconf upon calling "make -f Makefile.cvs" NOT finishing
> properly. So once we can solve that the icons will work as well. I
> just tried it with the exact same versions of autoconf/automake as you
> have.
>
> So, if you could offer another run of automake/autoconf in a freshly
> checked out directory (that is, no other subdirs/files except for the
> stuff that actually is in cvs) and let us know what it is telling you?
> Sorry for all the suckage.
>
> mg

Hello, Martin :)
Just got done compiling a fresh copy of Bibletime from the CVS, and it
now compiles without crashing, using the following commands:
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
su
make install

But when I start Bibletime, I still have no icons.  With the intention
of giving as much evidence as possible, and hopefully saving you some
time, I sent the output of the first three of the above listed commands,
as well as the fifth listed command, to appropriately named text files.
You will find the result at the following location:
http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime_compile-logs.tar.bz2

If I can be of any further assistance, feel free to let me know :)
Steven P. Ulrick